Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Prospective Patient Information
- The Mississippi Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Program (MMCP) provides a safe and accessible program that meets the needs of patients and the public health and safety of all Mississippi residents.
- Patients who have been diagnosed with certain qualifying conditions may be eligible for a Medical Cannabis (marijuana) certification card after following the steps below.
- For a list of potentially qualifying conditions, please visit the link here.
Medical Cannabis Certification Steps
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE QUINN HEALTHCARE MEDICAL CANNABIS PROGRAM IS EXCLUSIVE TO CURRENT QUINN HEALTHCARE PATIENTS.
- For prospective patients who may qualify for medical cannabis certification please email , OR text (769) 231-2598, your name, date of birth, best mobile phone number, and availability for appointment times to email@example.com. Please refrain from calling Quinn Healthcare’s office number for medical cannabis certification appointments.
- Patients will receive an appointment time via text message. By providing their phone numbers via email, patients agree to receive text messages in regard to appointment times or availability.* Quinn Healthcare’s personnel will not contact the patient for any additional reason without the patient’s permission.
- The first appointment will be an initial appointment to confirm that the Quinn Healthcare patient is established and current in their medical status. This appointment is not an appointment for medical cannabis certification.
- During the first appointment the patient will be informed that medical cannabis certification will not be automatically authorized and that the purpose of the initial appointment is to ensure that the patient is in fact established and up to date in terms of any diagnosis so that IN THE EVENT the patient is later certified for medical cannabis by the Quinn Healthcare provider, the process is completed in the safest and most beneficial manner possible.
- The medical provider will then complete the medical certification for the medical cannabis (marijuana) program. Upon qualifying for the medical cannabis, the medical provider will register the patient (through the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program) for medical cannabis use. NOTE: The certification is NOT a prescription.
- After receiving the medical cannabis certification, the patient has 60 days to apply through the link here to participate in the medical cannabis program through the Mississippi State Department of Health. Upon completion of the application, the patient receives an electronic identification card and can select a licensed dispensary to purchase their medical cannabis (marijuana).
Please see the diagram below for the step-by-step process for medical cannabis certification: